Cavalier Sword - 70 cm
Not every person in the tavern seems to believe your tales of adventure upon the high sea, but there are also very few who are not amused. You’re a grand storyteller--if not a professional embellisher--and at the end of the night you have more than a few coins to pay for your meal.
The truth of your tales? Perhaps the kraken was no more than a medium-sized squid. Perhaps the pirate ship battle was no more than two ships pointing cannons upon the other in a standoff. Either way, the truth is that you are quite the adventurer with your Cavalier Sword at your side.
The Hybrid Cavalier Sword is a medium sword inspired by the cavaliers of the 1600s, imitating their reckless attitudes and rich sense of style. The sword is 75 cm long and has a 51 cm single-edged blade that gets wider toward the end. The handle has impressive detail, including a crossguard that curves around the hand, connecting to the pommel. The handle is handpainted to looks like faded bronze. The 14 cm grip is cast and painted to look like ribbed leather, ergonomically shaped to fit the hand.
The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- The term cavalier was originally an insulting word used to describe the royalists during the English Civil War and beyond
- Royalists eventually adopted the term for themselves, and it has since become a word we use to describe the fashion of English court during the 1600s
- Today, someone might call a person cavalier if they have an arrogant attitude
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- Handle is wrapped in leather for comfort, requiring some maintenance
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This product is handmade and hand-painted and therefore unique. As a result, when compared with similar item numbers, this product can have natural deviations in pattern, colour and shape, which are not considered defects or faults.
We produce our image material in a natural environment, where lighting and surroundings can affect colors and contrast. The displayed images may therefore appear different from the product you receive from us.
Measurements are all in cm if not stated otherwise.
This hybrid weapon’s polyurethane handle does not require any special maintenance.
Latex Blade Care
This LARP weapon’s blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.